D3DAFZRKV2NW
(this is the Technorati token required to index my blog)
I look at Internet Marketing from the “Real Life” perspective. I am always comparing marketing in digital world with real life facts. To further explain this I will use as example opening a new business. It could be a retail store, a service company or a manufacturing facility, it does not matter much. So let’s begin!
Planning
Before I even do anything I need to plan real good about how my business will be run. Of course a good business plan is a must. What should be included in this as one of the main items is the location of the business. In real life you have to take in consideration many factors in choosing your location that is specific to the business. In digital world location is translated into the site’s rank on search engines. The higher the rank the closer to the “main street” meaning more people will find you. Part of the Internet Marketing planning is to create a site friendly towards search engines. That implies optimizing the entire site (including all media and links) with fresh keywords and key phrases so when the site is uploaded is ready for searches.
Optimizing Your Site
Optimizing your site to me it resembles choosing the right location for the business in real life. If you are in retail or service industry you want your location on the "main street" where you will have the most customers. In manufacturing industry you want a location close to main roads for easy shipping and receiving and also easy access for your work force. In digital life a desirable location means top rank on search engines. This can be accomplished in many ways and this blog is all about this.
It seems that now the trend in Internet Marketing is totally focused on Social Marketing and many people start ignoring many other aspects of becoming successful on Internet. I still think that one of the most important aspects is to have a well optimized site with fresh content, optimized internal and external links, fresh keywords and search strings.
In the next post I will discuss various techniques for optimizing a website. I have some older posts on this topic and you are more than welcome to read them. It contains some beneficial links too.
No comments:
Post a Comment